Melting Gastronomy Summit unwraps on 14th November
The first edition of the Melting Gastronomy Summit starts tomorrow, at Porto Customs Building. The event runs from 14 to 16 November.
The three-day event offers the opportunity to taste exquisite food prepared by chefs from all around the globe. The event will also feature Portuguese products, culinary get together, live cooking, tastings, books and movies about food!
Bolhão Market is joining the event, showcasing its presence with its traditional stalls and sellers.
This non-profit event is organised by the Association for the Promotion of Gastronomy, Wine, Regional products and Biodiversity (AGAVI) and the aim is to promote and disseminate what our country has best by "betting on internationalisation, innovation, and agrifood entrepreneurship", as stated by the organisation.
Day one of the event invites to an Emotion Panel, led by writer Miguel Esteves Cardoso, and journalist and writer Ricardo Dias Felner, who will "Express Suggestions", under the motto "What does the future taste of?"
On 15 November, Chef Nuno Queirós Ribeiro, expert on healthy food, will lead a debate on healthy cuisine and the impact of our choices.
The Melting space is organised as follows:
- Melting Market, to promote Portuguese products;
- Melting Talks, to host debates and lectures;
- Melting Lab, to host showcookings and tasting sessions;
- Melting Movies, for the screening of films;
- Melting Arte, a space for artistic creation;
- Melting Stories, to host authors;
- Melting Dinner, to host the cuisine of the Chefs of the world.