The festive weekend still asks for more Covid-19 restrictions; however, there are plenty of options to follow when it comes to finding one suitable Saturday and Sunday leisure programme. Enjoy some of the suggestions by “Porto.”.
The first weekend mornings of 2021 offer shows, exhibits and guided tours to enjoy with the family and loved ones, as stricter measures are in place, namely mandatory curfew as of 1pm and the ban to circulate between municipalities.
Enjoy the programme prepared by theFonoteca Municipal do Porto, aka Porto Municipal Audio Room that features podcasts, playlists and music reviews to enjoy at home, such as the Xmas album that includes a tales of twenty one poems, published in 1986, some written by Miguel Torga. In addition, the latest available playlist on Spotify, “A primeira de Brahms e outras experiências orquestrais” [The Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68 and other orchestral works) by the German composer Johannes Brahms.
In turn, the Coliseu Porto Ageas extended the Xmas Circus shows until 3rd January, so there are two other shows to attend to – for people living in the Municipality of Porto – on Saturday and on Sunday mornings, at 10am. The best unique circus act in the arena to entertain and amaze both children and grown-ups.
There are, as well, other possibilities that “Porto.” spotlights for your enjoyment, at home, in person (if possible) or at home:
- Podcast “Terras Sem Fim”,on the collection of the Natural History and Science Museum of the University of Porto (MHNC-UP), available at the Notícias Universidade do Porto website.
Exhibits and guided tours:
- “Que horas são que horas: uma galeria de histórias”, Saturdays and Sundays, between 10am and 12.30pm, at Porto Municipal Gallery;
- “Nets of Hyphae”, by Diana Policarpo, Saturdays and Sundays, between 10am and 12.30pm, at Porto Municipal Gallery;
- “O Fabuloso Circo de Natal”, [The Fabulous Xmas Circus], on Saturdays and Sundays, at 10am, at Porto Customs.
- Oriented guided tour to the Treetop Walk, Saturday, at 11am, in Serralves.