Porto City Hall opened the registration period for the 2019 edition of Porto Book Fair. Those interested should apply till the 3 July (click here for further information). Porto Book Fair 2019 will be back to the Gardens of Palácio de Cristal, from 6 to 22 September. This edition honours essayist Eduardo Lourenço, the commissioner being the writer Nuno Artur Silva.
The main goal is to promote books, cultural and recreational initiatives to suit all tastes. The participation in the fair is open to publishers, booksellers, distributors, and used bookstores, national and international entities alike.
The acceptance of application will be confirmed till 11 July, according to the objectives of the Porto Book Fair 2019, as follows
- Disseminate reading and books;
- Foster cultural habits;
- Liaise right holders and the public interest;
- Promote a great book party and the habit of reading, with the book as the main character.
for further information.
Porto Book Fair (PBF) 2019 operating hours are:
- Opening from Monday to Friday at 12 o'clock
- Opening on Saturdays and Sundays at 11 o'clock
- Closing from Sundays to Thursday at 9.30pm
- Closing every Fridays and Saturdays at 11pm
The organising authority, on grounds of public interest, may alter the calendar or the operating hours of the PBK.
Like last year, the venue is subject to constraints due to the rehabilitation and renovation ongoing at the Rosa Mota Pavilion.